Essex Oak Frame understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.essexoakframe.com (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our/Essex Oak Frame”||means Essex Oak Frame Ltd a limited company registered in England under company number 06310419, whose registered address is 40, Hackamore, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 3DU|
- Information About UsOur Site is owned and operated by Essex Oak Frame, a limited company registered in England under company number 06310419, whose registered address is 40, Hackamore, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 3DU. Our VAT number is 928909869.We can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01702 201105, or by post at Rouncefall, The Chase, Ashingdon, Rochford, Essex, SS43JD.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your RightsAs a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; andRights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- your name;
- your business/company name
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
- details of the nature of your business enquiry;
- How Do We Use Your Data?All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:Contacting you as a result of an enquiry about Our servicesPersonalising and tailoring Our services for you;Replying to emails from you;Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by email to email@example.com or using our unsubscribe button clearly marked on Our email communications;anonymised market research; With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete such data..We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected and the requirements of our funding bodies and their obligations. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):Seven years from our last contact with you.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under GDPR. including:Ensuring that data processors comply with the requirements of GDPR particularly in relation to security, back-up and encryption.Statements to this effect are available on request from UsData security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.Steps We take to secure and protect your data include: Ensuring that internally and externally all personal data is kept secure by the appropriate use of encryption and that access is secured with adequate passwords to only authorised users.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- How Can You Control Your Data?In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request within 28 days, free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
The Cookies used by the analytics service to gather the required information Our Site can be viewed at https://policies.google.com/technologies/types.
- Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, click here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ to access Google’s Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us